Procedure of Company Formation (Private Limited Company), in India.

Step by step guide to Formation / Registration / Incorporation of a Private Limited Company, in India.

What’s New/changed ?

*** Updated as on 1st February, 2016***

On 22.01.2016 the Central Government has made some important changes in the previous Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014.

  1. These rules may be called the Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules, 2016.
  2. They shall come into force from 26th day of January, 2016.
  3. As per this amended Rules, the incorporation process is simplified by the Government.

Important changes:-

Sr. No. Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules, 2016.


(i) Rule  8 Sub Rule  (2) ( b)

(b) The name shall also be considered undesirable, if-

(i) the proposed name is identical with or too nearly resembles the name of a

limited liability partnership;

(ii) it is not in consonance with the principal objects of the company as set out

in the memorandum of association.

(sub-clause (ii) of clause (b) shall be omitted;


“It means that the proposed name shall not be in consonance with the principal objects of the company as set in MOA.”

(ii) Rule 8 Sub Rule (2) (b)

(b) The name shall also be considered undesirable, if-

(x) the proposed name is vague or an abbreviated name such as ‘ABC limited’ or ‘23K

limited’ or ‘DJMO’ Ltd: abbreviated name based on the name of the promoters will

not be allowed. For example:- BMCD Limited representing first alphabet of the name

of the promoter like Bharat, Mahesh, Chandan and David

sub-clause (x) of clause (b) shall be omitted;

“It means that henceforth proposed name which is abbreviated or vague name shall be allowed.”

(iii) Rule 8 Sub Rule (2) (b)

(b) The name shall also be considered undesirable, if-

(xvii) it is intended or likely to produce a misleading impression regarding the scope or

scale of its activities which would be beyond the resources at its disposal:

sub-clause (xvii) of clause (b) shall be omitted.

The previous clause (xvii) is omitted.

(iv) Rule 8- Sub Rule (3) If any company has changed its activities which are not reflected in its name, it shall change its name in line with its activities within a period of six months from the change of activities after complying with all the

provisions as applicable to change of name.

sub-rule (3) shall be omitted.

“It means that the company is not required to change its name as per the new activity within 6 months.”


(v) Rule 8- Sub Rule (4) In case the key word used in the name proposed is the name of a person other than the name(s) of the promoters or their close blood relatives, No objection from such other person(s) shall be attached with the application for name. In case the name includes the name of relatives, the proof of relation shall be attached and it shall be mandatory to furnish the significance and proof thereof for use of coined words made out of the name of the promoters or their relatives. sub-rule (4) shall be omitted.

It means that if the key word includes the name of person other than promoters or their close blood relatives, NOC from such person shall not be attached to e-form INC-1 (Name application form).

(vi) Rule 9. Reservation of name.-

An application for the reservation of a name shall be made in Form No. INC.1 along with the fee as provided in the Companies (Registration offices and fees) Rules, 2014.

In the principal rules, for Rule 9 the following shall be substituted namely: –

“9. Reservation of name – An application for the reservation of a name shall be made in Form No. INC.I along with the fee as provided in the Companies (Registration offices and fees) Rules, 2014 which may be approved or rejected, as the case may be, by the Registrar, Central Registration Centre.”


(vii) Rule 36



(4) In the principal rules, in rule 36, in sub-rule(12),-

(i) after sub-clause (b), the following shall be inserted.-

‘(ba) After the resubmission of the documents and on completion of second opportunity, if the registrar still finds that the documents are defective or incomplete, he shall give third opportunity to remove such defects or deficiencies;’ Provided that the total period for re-submission of documents shall not exceed a total period of thirty days.

 (ii) in sub-clause (c), for the words’two opportunities’, the words ‘three opportunities’ shall be substituted.

(viii) e-form INC-1 e-form INC-1 is also changed


Minimum requirements for the Private Limited Company

  • Minimum 2 Directors [As per Section 149 (3) of the Companies Act, 2013 (implemented with effect from 01.04.2014), every company shall have at least one director on its board of directors, who has stayed in India for a total period of not less than one hundred and eighty two (182) days in the previous calendar year.]
  • Minimum  2 Shareholders
  • The directors and shareholders can be the same person
  • Minimum Share Capital shall be Rs. 100,000 (INR One Lac)
  • Application of allotment Director Identification Number (DIN) for all the Directors
  • DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) for two Directors

The complete procedure is primarily divided into following 8 Steps.

Step 1. Application for Director Identification Number (DIN) in form DIR-3 & DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)

What is a Director Identification Number (DIN)?

Director Identification Number (DIN) is a unique identification number issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), for an existing director or a person intending to become a director of a company.

Documents required for DIR-3 Application

In case of Indian National 

a) Identity Proof: Copy of PAN Card  (Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) is mandatory in case of Indian National and in such cases applicant details should be as per Income tax PAN)

b) Address Proof: Copy of Passport or Election/Voter ID or Ration Card or Driving license (address having pin code) or Electricity/telephone (Utilities) bill  or AADHAR Card. All this should be in the “Name of Applicant” only and it should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the e-form.

c) Passport Size Photograph (latest) : 1 photocopy  or a soft-copy in (.JPEG format)

d) *Current Occupation

e) *Email Address of the Applicant

f) *Mobile/Cell Number

g) *Educational qualification

h) *Verification to be signed by the Applicant. See the attached DIR4 format

In case of Foreign National 

a) Identity Proof: Copy of Passport (mandatory)

b) Address Proof:  Address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the eForm.

c) Passport Size Photograph (latest): 1 photocopy or a soft-copy (in .JPEG format)

d) *Current Occupation

e) *Email Address of the Applicant

f) *Mobile/Cell Number

g) *Educational qualification

h) *Verification to be signed by the Applicant. See the attached DIR4 format

Important Notes :

1. All the documents require “Self attestation”.

2. In case, the director is residing outside India, the attached supporting documents should be attested by the Consulate of the Indian Embassy, Foreign Public Notary. In case of director, supporting documents can also be attested by Company secretary in full time employment / CEO / Managing director of the Indian company in which he / she proposed to be a director.

3. DIR-3 shall be digitally signed by the same person i.e. applicant who is filing the application and by either of the following:

a) Company Secretary (in whole-time practice) or a Chartered accountant (in whole-time practice) or Cost accountant (in whole-time practice)

b) Company secretary in full time employment or Director of the company in which the applicant is to be appointed as a director

4. While making DIR-3 Application following details are mandatory :

First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Details of father of an applicant (even in case of a married woman)

In case of a Married woman, a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate is required (If DIN needs to be in the “Changed Name”)

5. There could be instances of DIR3/DIN Rejection. Refer “Common Causes of DIN Rejection” for the resolution.

6. * Starred items are mandatory fields of DIR-3 application 

What is a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?

Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is the digital equivalent (i.e. electronic format) of physical or paper certificates. Examples of physical certificates are driver’s license, passport. Certificates serve as proof of identity of an individual for a certain purpose; for example, a driver’s license identifies someone who can legally drive in a particular country. Likewise, a digital certificate can be presented electronically to prove your identity, to access information or services on the Internet or to sign certain documents digitally. Since MCA accepts electronic submission of Forms on its website the DSC is mandatory for all the users.

Documents required for obtaining DSC

a) Digital Signature Certificate application Form (duly signed by an applicant). An applicant is required to sign across the photo.

Download the DSC Application Form (Class II Individual Certificate)

b) All other documents are same as required for the DIR-3 Application

Note: All the documents require “Self attestation” and identity proof and address proof should be attested by either a Gazetted officer  (Class I) or Bank manager or Post Master.

Step 2. Search for the Company Name availability

The Promoters have to provide at least 6 names in the order of their preference/priority. The Promoters can themselves search for the available names by visiting the MCA Website: Check Name Availability 

It is also advisable to check any pre-existing Trademarks already registered with the Company name being Proposed, since RoC normally scrutinises the same & may reject the Proposed names on that basis (if similar TM Name is already registered). Promoters should search for any existing Trademark using website Check Trademark .

Step 3. Application for the Name availability

After drafting of Main Object of the proposed company, need to file e-Form INC-1 (Application for reservation of name) with Registrar of Companies for name availability. The Applicant needs to give 6 proposed names in preference/priority along with their meaning and significance of each word.

Note: Refer the “undesirable names” rules extracts from the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014.

Also refer MCA General Circular on Use of word ‘National’, ‘Bank’, ‘Exchange’, ‘Stock Exchange’ in the names of Companies or Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs). Refer General Circular No. 2/2014

Step 4. Drafting of Memorandum of Association (MOA) & Articles of Association (AOA)

What is a Memorandum of Association?

Memorandum of Association covers fundamental provisions of the company’s constitution. It covers main object and other objects of the company.

What is Articles of Association?

Articles of Association contain rules and regulations governing the internal management of the company. It is a binding contract between company and its members and members among themselves defining their rights and duties.

As per Section 4(5)(i) of the Companies Act 2013 upon receipt of an application under sub-section (4), the Registrar may, on the basis of information and documents furnished along with the application, reserve the name for a period of sixty days from the date of the application.

After name approval from ROC, the next step is to draft MOA & AOA. The subscribers need to specify Name, Address, and Occupation in their own handwriting & sign the subscription pages of MOA & AOA.

Where subscriber to the memorandum is a Foreign National (residing outside India), please refer Chapter 2 of Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 notified by Ministry of Corporate Affairs for knowing the procedure of obtaining attestation and notary while signing subscription pages of Memorandum and Articles of Association and other relevant document.

Step 5. Filing of e-forms with RoC (Registrar of Companies)

Following Forms to be filed/uploaded on the MCA Website.

a) Form INC-7 : For application of Incorporation of the Company

i) Mandatory attachments to e-form INC-7

1. Memorandum of Association

2. Articles of Association

3. Declaration by Professional in INC-8

4. Affidavit from the subscriber to the Memorandum in Form No.INC-9

5. Proof of residential address which should not be older than two months

6. Proof of identity

7. Verification of signature of subscribers i.e. Form No. INC-10, in case the company is not having share capital.

8. It is mandatory to attach entrenched Articles of association if any of the articles are entrenched.

ii) Optional attachments depending upon case

1. Copy of in principle approval granted by the Reserve Bank of India or any concerned authority in case proposed company shall be conducting NBFI (Non-Banking Financial Institution) activities

2. NOC in case there is change in the promoters (first subscribers to Memorandum of Association)

3. Proof of nationality in case the subscriber is a foreign national

4. PAN card (in case of Indian national)

5. Copy of certificate of incorporation of the foreign body corporate and proof of registered office address

6. Certified true copy of board resolution/consent by all the partners authorising to subscribe to MOA

b) Form INC-22 : For Notice of situation of registered office

Attachments to e-form INC-22

1. Proof of Registered Office address (Conveyance/Lease deed/Rent Agreement along with the rent receipts) etc.

2. Copies of the utility bills (proof of evidence of any utility service like telephone, gas ,electricity etc. depicting the address of the premises not older than two months is required to be attached).

3. No Objection Certificate or permission to use

4. Certification of e-form INC-22 by CS/CA/CWA (in Whole Time Practice)

c) Form DIR-12 : For providing information about particulars of appointment of Directors of the company and Key Managerial Personnel

Attachments to e-form DIR-12

Following are the Mandatory attachments in case of an appointment of a Director / Manager / Company Secretary / CEO / CFO.

1. Letter of appointment

2. Declaration by first director in Form INC-9

3. Declaration of the appointee director, managing director, in Form No. DIR-2

Step 6. Payment of RoC Fees & Stamp Duty

After filing of documents online, we need to make payment of RoC fees and Stamp Duty electronically which is based upon the Authorised Capital of the Company.

The MCA Fee Calculator  currently being unavailable, please refer the attached “Fee Schedule

Step 7Verification of documents / forms by RoC

After payment of all RoC Fees & Stamp duties, RoC verifies/scrutinises all the documents and forms  and may suggest few changes to be made in the attachments or form itself. We need to make necessary changes accordingly.

Step 8. Issue of Certificate of Incorporation by RoC

Once all the Forms are duly approved by RoC, the digitally signed “Certificate of Incorporation” is emailed to the Directors.

As part of the Green Initiative by the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs), few Certificates including “Certificate of Incorporation” are now issued only in the electronic format i.e. soft-copy (having digital signature of RoC Registrar).  Once the Incorporation Certificate is received, Company can start it’s operations.

How to validate a Digital Signature on the Incorporation Certificate? 

The Certificate of Incorporation (CoI) received in the .pdf (which opens in “Adobe Reader”) format, may display “Validity Unknown” for the Digital Signature. Please follow the steps mentioned  here to validate the same.

If this article has helped you in any way, i would appreciate if you could share/like it or leave a comment. Thank you for visiting my blog.

Legal Disclaimer:
The information / articles & any replies to the comments on this blog are provided purely for informational and educational purposes only & are purely based on my understanding / knowledge. They do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. The information / articles & any replies to the comments are intended but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date and should in no way be taken as a legal advice or an indication of future results. Therefore, I can not take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information presented on this blog. You are advised not to act or rely on any information/article contained without first seeking the advice of a Practicing Professional.

1,129 thoughts on “Procedure of Company Formation (Private Limited Company), in India.

  1. SPICe Form filed after name approval by ROC on the last day of the validity of Name Approval (ie with in the period of 60 days from the filing of INC-1)

    Whether the same will be processed by ROC or not?

    Further again I have to apply for the Name Approval or not

  2. Hi Mam,

    I want to incorporate an Investment company which object is to invest in shares,debentures,stocks etc.
    I applied for INC 1 but it is rejected stating that 14 a point should be selected as YES & if i select YES it requires approval. plz provide whole procedure for incorporation of such company

  3. For Incorporating a “Pvt Ltd Firm” ………submission of “proof for Registered Office address” I only have Sale deed Docs.Is it enough as Proof or is there any mandatory Proofs to submit other than Sale deeds…?

  4. I am intreseted to Start a Export Import Firm and i am in a proposal to incorporate a “Pvt Ltd Firm” plz suggest me which one to choose among
    INC29 – Integrated Incorporation Form


    To register a Section 8 Company…..?

  5. Dear Mam,

    Can you please tell me whether INC 8 and INC 9 attachment is required with the SPice forms i.e INC 32

  6. Hi Mam,

    Is it possible to form pvt ltd company with 8 directors , which method we should use INC 29 OR normal. what are the consequences if added latter , which mode is better

    • You can use normal mode of registration of Section 8 company like filing of INC-1, RD-1 INC-7, DIR-12, INC-22. Or as per new notification dated 01.10.2016, you can file e-form SPICE ( form 32), Form 33, form 34 which is simplified form for incorporating company. This form is notified recently on 02.10.2016

  7. Good Afternoon
    I have two doubts
    1. Can we incorporate a Private company with out DIN and DSC.

    2. Can we just have DIN and DSC but not incorporate/Register in the name of any Private Company

  8. Mam,

    The Identity and Residence proof should be attested by notary public OR self attestation is enough.

    please help.

    • I assume that the question is related to ID and address proof of Non resident. Both the documents needs to be self attested as well as attested by Indian Consulate . please refer Hague Convention Act for apostil and attestation as per Companies Incorporation Rules, 2014

  9. Mam,

    If in Pvt Ltd company , there are 6 directors then do we need to take DSC for all 6 directors at the time of formation.

    please help.

  10. If there are 5 directors then will DSC for all directors required?

    please help.

  11. dear madam,
    we are planning to register a private limited company .what is the extra fees in roc if the name includes india

  12. dear mam, I want to start a pvt firm for valet Parking.. can u please guide how it will be started, I mean where I have to approach for registration of firm because I don’t have any knowledge that which govt office is looking after all reservation process…

  13. Well drafted and elaborate procedure which can be easily understood. Also good to see the relevant links.

  14. I want to create a pvt. ltd. company for my client. Im an Advocate but junior, iv a little knowledge about this,so mam if u kindly help me out about this il be grateful.

    Thank you.

  15. Hi Meenal Ji
    Thanks for the informative Blog.
    Ma’am if any one wants to start a detergent manufacturing and distribution company what kind of registration and documentation with which organization registration they required??????

  16. Dear Madam,

    Good effort to explain the procedure.

    I have one query – if I have incorporated my company as a small company but if within a year my company crosses a turnover of Rs. 20 crores, then can it be automatically get converted to company or there is procedure to be followed.

    Please guide.

    Thank you in advance.

  17. Can you please confirm whether there is any time limit ti file DIR-3 from the date of appointment of director.

  18. Good Evening Madam,

    My self & wife wanted to register Pvt Ltd company.
    1) Can I register the compant on my residence address which is in my name.
    2) I am working for MNC … should I need to get NOC to be director from present employer.

    Thanks and regards

  19. Very informative.Thanks

  20. Dear mam, i want to know that a person already started business as proprietorship firm with food products then he approved name of one person company, now he want to running business with the company even that person director as well as proprietor plz tell me what is the procedure for that conversion after incorporation of the one person company or before the incorparation of the one person company. should i putting in the MOA of one person company with related of proprietorship business before incorporation for carry on business with the company

    • Yes before incorporation, the proprietor has to specify the clause of take over in main object of proposed OPC. If it was not done previously, then director of OPC can alter main object and file MGT-14 with ROC.

  21. New LLP is to be registered and Rs. 15000 is to be paid as stamp duty kindly let me know how to pay such stamp duty is there any option available for e payment

  22. Hi Mam,
    If I want to change my company director. Than what will be stamping fee. (If capital 1lak) as stamping not completed yet.

    Please help me.

  23. Thank you!

    Your Blogs give wealth of information. Highly Appriciate your responses to the Comments.

    Wish you well!

  24. very useful information to provided to us

  25. Great article! In depth coverage!!
    Mam, are two DSC necessary for incorporation of a private limited company or one will also suffice?

  26. Dear madam,
    I have incorporated a company recently…I got the certificate of incorporation
    Now what Im suppose to do?
    do i need to apply for share certificate?
    Pls tell me what’s the next step after incorporation?

  27. Hello Mam ,

    An US company want to hire Indian employees for doing software coding work online and no sale or purchase in india and such foreign company pay salary. Is it open a private limited company in india.

    If all the shareholders are foreign individual whether FDI rule applicable . What is suggested for such foreign investor in india for such kind of work.

    And where no sale or purchase is there in india what is the revenue for indian company.

  28. Thanks Mam, it is very helpful for new comers. thx a lot

  29. Dear mam

    Form INC-08, INC-09, INC-10
    are required to be notarized or to be franking by bank or both?

    • INC-8 is declaration to be given by Practising CA/CS/CWA who has engaged in filing incorporation forms. INC-9 is declaration given by first directors and INC-10 is specimen signature is to be given by subscribers. INC-9 and INC-10 is to be notarised

  30. How to convert partnership company to Pvt. Ltd co in India.

    • The procedure of conversion of Partnership firm into Pvt. ltd is same as procedure of incorporation of new Private Ltd company. While name application, registration certificate of partnership firm, resolution passed by partners, NOC from existing partners for same name, in main object the proposed company will draft it like to take over the existing partnership firm……registered on…….and take over all assets and liabilities of firm and it will automatically will dissolve after incorporation.

  31. Dear MAM,
    How to file Annual Documents (BS, PL & AR) for the F Y 2013-2014 in/at ROC? Please help.

  32. hi , can i open a company wih india as a headoffice and a branch office /address in foreign country ? what will be the requirment in above case ?

  33. You are a true professional !!
    Keep grow !!

  34. Thank you so much Ma’m, for the most elaborate description of the registration procedure in a step wise explanation. This is really useful to get the preliminary idea of registration activity. We are planning to register a company and once started, if we face any hurdles in the process, i will certainly reach you for clarification. Thanks alot…..

  35. Mam can you please inform me whether certificate of commencement of business is mandatory to obtain while incorporating a public company. If yes then how can we obtain this.

  36. Awesm article ma’am ….tq so mch ma’am… ur articles helped me alot in understanding the wrk as I Hv recently get join under a CS…

    In short I am a “jabra fan” of ur aritcles…tnx fr supporting thru articles…

  37. Hi Madam Good evening , I want to change Limited to Pvt Ltd Registration Can you give about that details

  38. Very nice Information, for non professional also it helps a lot.

  39. i formed a company in 2012-2013 but after that no compliance was done since formation such as ROC work and ITR work, now i want to fulfilled all compliance and make my company active ,
    please provide me the procedure to do all. and also the expenses for all.

  40. Hi Meenal, Excellentpost. I also appreciate your patience in replying to all queries. Keep up the goodwork and all the best.

  41. Can a start up be formed as a Public limited Company?

  42. I want to know whether a company can obtain a mortgage loan mortgaing its properties without any specific resolution to that effect

  43. Hi, I read your article and found pretty helpful, recently me and my colleague thought of starting a new pvt ltd company, we went to a auditor and made a company secretary. As per his suggestion we went and had our Digital Signatures Done. We got our DIN numbers and the company name also got fixed. We got the NOC also. I was asked to sign on AOA and MOA and DIR2. In the mean while we got a clash regarding our percentages.
    My question is can I drop now in the middle of the process or are there any legal proceedings that I need to go for my reasons to drop. If I drop in the middle should I need to submit any documents for my drop reasons. Are there any procedures to follow or will the process automatically quits and kills all my past data

    • Till now I haven’t signed on any of the AOA, MOA and DIR2. Can I drop at this stage of process

      • You can drop the incorporation process , the SRN of name application will automatically vanish after expiry of 60 days.

        • Madam thank you for all the informations that you have shared. This will really help for a strtup like us. One thing I want to know is about the company objectives clauses. There is one primary objective of the company which we are enlisting at the time of company registration. How many other objectives of the company can we enlist at the time of registration and how? What should be the natures of the other objectives? Or must these be on parity with the primary objective of the company?

          • One can specify other objects some would be related to main object and other would be objects with respect to opening of current account, waiving off preliminary expenses of incorporation etc.

    • IF you have not yet filed incorporation documents such as MOA AOA then you can drop the process in between ignoring the SRN of name application.

  44. Hi Meenal

    This article is explained in depth and hence made it very easy for people like me who are not thorough with company laws.

    I do have one query though. Does the “Private Limited Company Registration Process Using Form INC-29” include the same procedure like you explained above? If there are any changes, will those be minor change in documentations or will it be a whole new process altogether?

    I would be really glad if you could explain this with respect to this blog.

    Thank you in advance.



  46. thanks mam for such a helpful article
    I have certain queries :
    1: i want to do to form a networking co. providing multiple services like online education,healthcare products, online shopping . is it possible . Is ROC going to approve memorandum of association with such object clause
    2: Name of the co. contains the words” ABC Touch Network Pvt Ltd”. Is there any discrepency

  47. Whether two NRI can incorporate/form a private limited company.

  48. Dear Madam,
    we have formed a pvt ltd company.I am one of the Dir, Now I want to leave the company.What are the procedure?

    • In Private limited company, minimum two directors is the quorum, unless new director will be appointed in place of resigned, the existing director cannot resign. File DIR-11 with ROC and company will file DIR-12 with ROC within 30 days of resignation date.

  49. This is an outstanding blog…Thank you very much for this work

  50. Hi Maam,

    Is TIN no. is Compulsory for PVt. Ltd. Co.

  51. Madam
    can a sole proprietorship transfer into a private limited company. if yes, what are the procedures, advantages and disadvantages. please reply.

    • Sole proprietorship can be converted into Private Limited company. File form INC-1, INC-7 DIR-12, INC-22 alongwith copy of firm registration, Income tax challan since firm registration till date, letter to ROC as application for conversion and specify in main object that all the assets and liabilities will be taken over by company after its conversion. The major advantage of conversion is that you will not loose the goodwill which you have created during the course of time and liability of promoter would be limited and the company is legal entity.

  52. Hi Mam,
    I am thankful to you for the information that you provided in this blog. With some of my friends i am likely to have a pvt. Ltd company. I want to know what is authorised capital. And initially do i need to have 100000 rupees at my current account.

    • Minimum authorised capital shall be required Rs. 1 lakh. Minimum requirement of paid up capital of Rs. 1 lakh is now omitted. The company can have paid up capital less than Rs. 1 lakh to keep in co’s current account.

  53. Mam,

    I am insurance advisor and want to start pvt ltd company having word insurance advisor in it. Is it possible.

  54. Hi Mam,

    Very useful article… Im from TamilNadu

    I wish to register my Company as One Person Company. Is this good ? I have the Investment Capital Rs. 1,00,000. Is i need to Create Seperate bank account for the Company. Which one is best One Person Company Or Private Limited? What is the Initial Capital Needed to incorporate Private Limited. I’m waiting for your valuable replay mam.. Thanks in advance

    • Thank you for your comment. Please read my blog to know the basic provisions of OPC. When OPC is to be formed, there will be only one member. In case of private limited minimum members needed is two. IN both the cases, the company needs to open current account. Initial capital required to incorporate Private ltd is Rs. 1 lakh as authorised capital.

      • Hello Mam…….
        I want to incorporate a Private Limited but in this The Directors and Shareholders will not be same person. So please guide me the additional documents required for company incorporation in this case and also the additional procedure required for the same.

        • If the company is having directors and shareholders different, the Registrar of Companies will not allow this arrangement. one person should be director and shareholders as per Incorporation Rules.

          • Madam I Have not yet found any section where it is written that atleast one Director is Required who is also the shareholder of the Company. Shareholder and Director can be different… Kindly Specify the relevant Section for the same…

          • There is no section as such. Normally in case of private limited company, the person prefers to be both director and shareholder.

  55. whether dsc required for each one director?? if incorporating new company with 3 directors, all the three should have dsc? or with one dsc can we proceed? but it appears that for getting DIN, dsc of the din applicant is required. thus, it seems that each director should have his/her own dsc. pls clarify

  56. Hi Madam,

    I want to start a small company for manufacturing of FMCG products, what procedure to be followed. What regulations is applicable, Can I keep a name with pvt. Ltd.

    request to reply for the above things.

  57. how long is the end to end process, please share step wise if possible.
    also is it important to take help of CS or you can do on your own.


    • For formation of company it will take at least 20-25 days depending upon the time taken for gathering the required documents, and time taken by the Government for checking the e-forms. It is advisable to take help of professional because INC-22, DIR-22 required signature of Professional and also documentation such as Memorandum and articles of association, affidavits, consent is very important which has to be as per the Company Rules’ format. Hence it is always advisable to seek professional guidance.

    • It can be completed in even 10-15 days. Based on detailed submission and accurate information, the lesser would be the chance to get the query and to get it approved with minimum time. Recently we have done it for our clients, so it would be possible.

  58. Hi,
    Is there a way to only register or book company name…. and later (within 6 months) fully register the company. Actually, I want to register a company, but background work required for company is going to take time. Hence I don’t want to spend on office rent, etc… but I want to book/confirm/register the name. Please help me.

  59. hello ma”am,

    We already have a business going under the partnership firm. can we convert the same firm into the pvt. ltd. company?

    Ravi Narang

  60. hello mam,

    I am alok from delhi. I wanted to startup online business (like food/grocery items and beauty products). my question is that what thing I required to start my goal from 0?

    please guide me.

    Thank You,
    Alok Kr

  61. Hello madam.. please tell me Whether Bank statement Downloaded from Internet is a Valid Proof of Address in Form INC-29??

  62. mam,
    we two person like to start a private limited company, (purchase land and do farming). But we want to include more share holders and directors later. Madam where we want to start and how we proceed? expect your valuable response.

  63. Very Good Article Maam.. Please tell me While Filing INC-29 for Registered Address Proof Whether a Notarised and Franked Copy of Rent Agreement is enough?? Or do I have to get it Verified and Stamp duty paid with the Sub Registar of Mumbai District?

  64. mam,i wish to start a company having four members.we dont have any personal investment.the intial investment of 10,00,000 is arranged by means of bank loan.does the bank loan can be considered as a share capital? what should be the total registration fees as per the above mentioned investment?……..pls help

  65. I intend to start immigration, overseas education, management or legal consultancy services all under a private limited company.
    Would it not contradict with object of the company.

  66. Hello Mam

    Thank you mam .

  67. Awesome blog! alot of conceptual clarity. Thank you very much.

    With Regards

    R.K Srivastava
    HR Professional

  68. mam if we file inc-1 but now we chnage the rout by filing inc-29 so we can file inc-29 or not

  69. Could you suggest if the following is allowed?
    At the time of resubmission of Form Inc 7, can we add/delete few articles to/from AOA, which were not present at the time of filing the forms initially?

  70. Mam,
    We want to start business on food and beverage,Medicine and health care,and travel and tourism.Though above three business are not related to each other ,So shall we have to form three different company or one company?

  71. Please advise if any document needs attestation from CA or CS while filing the company registration application (for setting up of new Pvt. Ltd. Company) – Thanks in Advance

  72. Mam, your article is very helpful for me. I have an doubt that “now only INC-29 is filling to incorporation”

  73. Nice to find such a blog !! Really a lot of conceptual clarity got after reading your blog.

    Thank you so much
    warm regards,

    Deepak Vats

  74. Hi, We want to register a company (pvt ltd) with 5 memebers, Can you please tell me procedure and fees for the registration in Hyderabad.

  75. Thank you for the very informative blog. We have been following the instructions to register our WOS in India.

    1. Our company is registered.
    2. We have got a business Bank Account in India.
    3. We have transferred the Share Capital (Automatic FDI Route).
    4. The bank has issued us an FIRC.
    5. We have NOT yet filed FIRC with the RBI.

    Can we start our business operations now, and start sending out e-invoice and collecting payments from Clients?

    Or do we have to wait to file FIRC with RBI and get their number.

    At what point it becomes legal to commence Business Operations?

    Thank you for your response, in advance.

  76. Thank you for this blog. We have been following the steps cited on it.

    1. We have registered our business as a Wholly Owned Subsidiary.
    2. We have opened bank account and transferred shared capital from overseas to Indian WOS.
    3. The local bank has issued us the FIRC.
    4. We have NOT yet filed FIRC with RBI.

    Our question, when can we actually start our business operations and start receiving payments from clients?

    At what point it becomes legal to start commencing business operations?

    Thank you.

  77. I want to incorporate a company and required certain informations about it. Could you please help me understand the things are needed to incorporate a pvt ltd firm. What is the fee of ROC in total and what will you charge me to handle all the paper work and other related stuff.


  78. I have Few Questions
    1) We have filed form to ROC regarding name availability . also given the 4 names according to priority as per form requirement,
    we have also chk the first priority name on ROC website & also search on trademark website and same is not available.
    BUT now ROC has approved 3rd name in the list. But I want first name which is my priority. IS name approval is ROC discretion ? or can I challenge ROC why not approved first name.

  79. Great to find that there are still a lot of selfless & helping professionals like you who are working hard to make things simple to the novices like us. Congrats & keep it up!

    This blog says it was updated last on 2nd May 2014. Does it mean that there is no modification in the procedure/requirements since then or the changes are yet to be updated? thanks in advance for an early reply.

    • Thanks for your comment. Regarding my last update, the Government has not made much updates in the Acts or Rules. but there are few updates during the year, such as Acceptance of Deposit Amendment Rules 2015, Companies Audit Report Order 2015, Companies (Incorporation) Amendment Rules 2015 (i.e. e-form INC-29) which are yet to be posted on my blog.

  80. My problem is that when i feel the dir3 thats required director din no. or membership no of co. secretory

    plz help me

  81. mam really thanks for writing this blog it is so helpfur whoever is needed.

  82. very exhaustive and satisfying – almost full-proof

  83. Please tell me the process of resubmission of INC 7

  84. your article is a great help. mam can u please tell me wether opc is required to file mgt- 14 after incorporation & there is only one director i.e promoter then how would he call for meeting.

  85. Dear Madam

    Pls provide me a NOC for change in the name of First subscribers to Memorandum

  86. Thank you so much mam for such a EXCELLENT & INFORMATIVE article.

  87. Please tell me the minimum required Authorised Capital and Minimum subscribers/directors for an Educational Pvt Ltd. Whether it is similar as other Pvt Ltd.

  88. Hello Madam, Thanks for such informative article. I have a query regarding PAN.

    A Company say XYZ Pvt. Ltd. has now been converted into public company say XYZ Ltd. Whether it needs to get its name change in PAN Card also?

  89. Very informative. Thanks for sharing the information.

  90. MAM, i applied for name of company and today i got letter of confirmation/approval.Now i want to change address of a director. When can i apply for change?? Now…. or ….. After Incorporation

  91. Hi Maam,

    I am a PIO holder with a Malaysian passport. My mother is an Indian Citizen. I would like to start an online store selling women’s clothing in India.

    I understand there must be 2 directors.
    Can the indian resident director hold 10% of shares. And I hold 90% of the company shares?





  93. Dear mam
    I have a firm and i want my incorporation number please give me suggession what can i do?

  94. mam, my query is about name approval. i want to apply for name- MAKINGINDIA MERCANTILE PVT LTD
    do i need to take CG permission before applying for the name or i can apply it in normal way? because india word is coming between name.
    and thanks because your blog is very helpful

  95. Thanx for valuable information. i want to talk to you regarding form a new company, at what time i have to call you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *